[3830] SCQP N8II Single Op FixedMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SCQP N8II Single Op FixedMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 02:56:38 +0000
South Carolina QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op FixedMixed HP
QTH: West Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    1      0      0
   80:   14     14      0
   40:   24     70      0
   20:    7      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   46     84      0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 11,926

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 2,950 bonus points with W4CAE, N4HLH (could not hear me on 20),
and WW4SF (worked x 6 band/modes and many more Q's, would guess they provided
over half of total SC Q's made). Activity was fairly low, several mobiles were
active but seemed to change counties slowly and routes seemed to overlap and be
in some counties well covered by home stations. Thanks to the mobiles N4IQ,
N4UP, W4WRL, NY4G, ND4Z, KB4KBS, N4LDL, and N4BQQ for traveling around to boost
up the mult total. The last hour was particularly lonely. I assume SC stations
ran out of takers on 75/80M and called it a night, only one new mult was worked
in that hour, N4IQ/M in Colleton.

You really needed the mult list to figure out some of the abbreviations to log,
and it appeared several ops had no idea of their 4 letters. I was able to run
several on 40 phone off and on, but very few on 40 or 80 CW or 75 phone.
I think I actually operated over 8 hours, time between Q's exceeded 10 minutes
a few times. I only took time off for a brief lunch, brief dinner, and walking
the dog.
The WW4SF Swamp Fox guys kept things going when it got slow, good effort on
their part. 20 barely opened very briefly to very southern SC, only K2SX in
Georgetown was fairly loud. 40 weakened from 1730-2030Z, but could still copy
most stations well and last hour closed slowly to SC. 75/80 sounded pretty good
and was copying many EU stations in the UBA test, but activity was poor.

This time of year suits me better for a QP than September/Oct. But, having NCQP
the next day makes for a tough decision, they have more activity. Thanks for all
of the QSO's, each was particularly precious.

73, Jeff