[3830] CQ160 SSB WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 08:18:29 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 0:45

Total:  QSOs = 13  State/Prov = 9  Countries = 2  Total Score = 473

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well after the NAQP RTTY Test, I tuned around to hear how 160m Contest Part II
was doing.  I heard some loud signals and the 2nd station I worked was W1IBQ.
This was interesting in that he heard my call (antenna is an OCDP up about 45ft
and goes across the top of the house.)  When I use it on fone, the house
telephone goes bizerko so I unplug (only used to answer stupid telemarketers
anyway)and theo op says he is in GA. Working anything east of the Mississippi
River is just a plain miracle or really great conditions. Since I missed
working any GA station in the previously mentioned contest - well got a little
hooked.

Worked GA CA AZ ID OH IL CO MN AB XE and KH6. Pretty fun for 45 min spin around
the band a couple of times.

I could tell that conditions were better and couple of guys were saying EU to
west coast was exceptional so guess it was.

WN6K, Paul