[3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:41:06 +0000
CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 878  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 49  Total Score = 297,139

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Only regret is that one less refreshment break at 2 AM Sunday and I shudda broke
300K points.  Otherwise pretty satisfying.  EU first nite was weak but workable
but worked twice as many on the 2nd nite.  Almost all on CQs...easier for them
to find me than I them.  The many savvy ops "know" that I am in RI.
After picking up only one additional domestic mult for most of the 2nd nite,
within about a 10 minute span worked needed mults ND, OR, WY and SK. SK was the
best as VE5CJB called in, heard my "5Charlie?" response...sent
"SK" phonetically ...to which I responded "SK5c?" (thinking
it was an SM at his sunrise)...before it dawned on me that it was the much
needed Saskatchewan mult. Missed VO1 which I can usually count on more than one
calling in.  There were times when the band was full all the way up to 2000.  I
operated a lot in the upper bleachers which surprisingly seemed to work in
dodging the QRM down lower. Always fun to give the RI mult to so many stations.
73!  -- John, W1XX

TX: Yaesu 1000MP
Amp:  Drake L7 1 KW
TX ant:  T-Vertical (of which 72 ft vertical)
RX ant:  4 short Bevs