[3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 02:18:05 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:
   40:  20     10
   20:  25     12
   15:  25     13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  70     35  Total Score = 2,450

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC.

For Feb. NAQP RTTY, I, N3UM was the only available operator.
The setup was an Omni 6+, a Signalink, a Toshiba laptop with
Windows 7, and N1MM Classic integrated with MMTTY.

We did some RTTY in Aug. NAQP, and I had good F key messages
set up, but I found the rhythm of RTTY contest Qs quite different
from CW or SSB, especially the need to tune precisely to the
freq. of a CQing station.   It took 2 hr. to make 25 Qs on
20 m., 1.1  hr. to make 25 Qs on 15 m., and then 35 min. to
make 20 Qs on 40 m. So, practice definitely helped the rate,
plus I heard many more calls with the shorter 40-m. skip.

"DX" was CM and two different KG4s. Did work HI on 15. I
quit at 22 Z to eat supper and switch over to CQ 160 SSB.