[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3AM SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3am@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N3AM SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:14:08 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3AM
Operator(s): N3AM
Station: N3AM

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6:32
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:    7     7
   40:  108    48
   20:  151    71
   15:  158    70
   10:   51    33
-------------------
Total:  475   229  Total Score = 326,325

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first phone contest with N1MM+.  I didn't have time to figure out how to load
.WAV files in N1MM, so I recorded a couple of audio files in my K3 DVK and keyed
them with the N1MM macro function. This turned out be an advantages, since it
overcame any remote operation latency issues that may have caused TX audio
breakup, since once the K3 was keyed, the DVK audio file played directly at the
radio, rather than having it generated in my computer and relayed by a 1,000+
mile Internet path each time.

The power company (fingers crossed) appears to have fixed the horrendous line
noise that would have made operating in an SSB contest nearly impossible.