[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2RJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2rj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2RJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:25:38 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 31:45

  160:   17    15
   80:   43    31
   40:  115    47
   20:  686    93
   15:  835    92
   10:  114    48
-------------------
Total: 1810   326  Total Score = 1,748,664

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Fair, not excellent condx for the contest.

Equipment wise I averted a near disaster but still had sub optimal conditions.
No headset here as the last one broke, so I ended up using the Icom hand mic.
But I did record my DVK messages on my iPhone so it was crystal clear. I just
had to operate the contest mostly one handed. And of course my antenna is still
broken. I think now it is basically a rotatable dipole as it doesn't seem to
have any f/b anymore on some bands. Need to take it down and repair but I'm not
even sure I am staying at this QTH.

Slept too much but I did catch mostly EU prime time.

160 was hopping Saturday night. No idea how it was Friday because I was burned
out from work the week before and went to bed early on Friday night.

40 is well crowded these days. Can't find much of a spot to run during prime
time but 20 and 15 made up for it.

Had some surprises, 4S7 and JA come to mind. They called me out of the blue in
the pileup. Got a couple new ones on 80 and 160.

Had a good time in general.

Thanks to all who called, even the zero pointers and dupes.

Go FRC!!!

73 and 88
Ria