[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:26:18 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 23:32

  160:   17    16
   80:   61    39
   40:  114    60
   20:  215    83
   15:  319   102
   10:  143    51
-------------------
Total:  869   351  Total Score = 915,057

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3 - TL9@@A - TH6DXX @ 60', 80/40 Slopping Vees, 160 Inverted L

Knowing that I couldn't spend the full time in the contest I chose to do
S&P and hunt countries.  I only spent 4 hours Friday night on the low
bands, then I started on the upper bands at 1230Z on Saturday.  I left the
contest at 2030Z on Saturday when my daughter and grandson came over for a
visit.  I took in the Big 12 basketball games and returned to the rig around
0100Z to catch the Asians on 15 meters.

Conditions were favorable all weekend.  I was surprised at the signals on 10
meters.  15 meters was my money band as propagation was good except at night.
My antennas for 80 and 40 aren't conducive to big numbers and don't allow me to
run, so I S&P instead.  There were several stations belwo 7100 listening up
which helped reduce some of the QRM.

It was good to hear several KCCC members in the test, especially since most of
the club members are CW Ops.  I was also surprised to hear so many Kansas
stations in the test.  It was really pleasant to run into my good friend Elvin,
JA3CZY, on Sunday morning on 40 meters.  He always has a big signal with that
monster antenna.

Thanks to all who gave me a QSO and a special thanks to the chaps on 160 who
pulled my meager signal out of the noise.  It's only 363 days until the next
one!

73,
Russ - K0VXU