[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3SW SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3sw@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K3SW SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 01:56:38 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3SW
Operator(s): K3SW
Station: K3SW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:    1     1
   80:  104    53
   40:  203    75
   20:  425   101
   15:  444   102
   10:  309    83
-------------------
Total: 1486   415  Total Score = 1,848,825

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Phone contests really depress me. Too much screaming, high pitched screeches by
operators trying to talk too fast, numerous call signs are entirely
unintelligible due mainly due to speed. The number of errors in posted call
sign spots is also depressing. And deliberate interference and rude comments -
overall some of the worst that Ham Radio has to offer. Not to say that CW
events are without some of this but I can barely get thru a 48 hr phone contest
without a nervous breakdown. All together the adage "haste makes
waste", needs to be reviewed by many (but not all) operators.

So, for this event, I didn't run at all, I just pounced on everything that
landed on my screen and I got enough sleep that I didn't become incoherent
during the contest.

Overall my score is not setting any new standards except for myself. I managed
to beat my previous best score for this event by about 100,000 points. So next
time I have to beat this one, it's the new "gold standard".  :)

Even so, I did have some fun moments. Especially when the OA6 station I was
trying to work at the very end wanted to shut down 20 seconds early. We all
told him to keep going which he did and I was the lucky one - I was his final
contact with 5 seconds to go!

Bah humbug, a pox on phone contests......

But Go FRC!

Steve...Kilo Three Scotch Whisky....73!