[3830] ARRLDX SSB K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:41:17 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9ZO NQ6N K9QQ KB9OWD K9CT N0AX K3WA KG9N
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   44    30
   80:  166    69
   40:  879   101
   20: 1280   122
   15: 1561   128
   10:  498    97
-------------------
Total: 4428   547  Total Score = 7,151,478

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Propagation conditions were much better than ARRL CW weekend for us. We seem to
be in the thick of it when the bands opened. Compared to last year, 10m was
down almost 1000 qsos. So fewer sunspots has taken a toll. 20m opened very
early each day followed shortly afterward by 15. 10m was better Sunday than
Saturday. We could tell that conditions dramatically changed in the last six
hours...and not for the better.

The team was great. Most of the members of last year's team were assembled and
we filled in for KB9UWU who had a previous engagement. Matt, NQ6N and Bill,
K3WA both operated part time in his place. Chuck, KG9N dropped by to see the
operation and sat in for a couple of hours. Our goal was to do as well as
possible.

This year I took out the Elecraft/microHam line up and put in FlexRadio 6500
and 6700 with Maestro interface. The Maestro is not in the public yet and we
were using Alpha software. Not one problem was encountered over the 48 hours.
We had the computers, radios and Maestros all on wired ethernet. This was all
stable. Not one problem with overload on the same band operation. This is a
very simple to setup station and the Flex software integrates very well with
the N1MM Plus logging software. TX lockout is easy...just connect a couple of
regular phono to phono cables between each TX pair. The audio quality is very
good and easy to listen to for hours at a time.

The team enjoys each others company and sharing stories, food and operating. It
is a fun weekend.

Thanks for the qsos and also a special thanks to the DX stations that moved or
worked us on many bands.

We post our score live to CQCONTEST.net. I wish more would compete with us
using this method. It adds another dimension of fun to the weekend as we horse
race other teams. Please consider doing this next time.

73, Craig K9CT