[3830] ARRLDX SSB 6Y6Y(@6Y5WJ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa4pgm@embarqmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 6Y6Y(@6Y5WJ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 18:32:03 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 6Y6Y
Operator(s): WA4PGM W0CN WZ8P
Station: 6Y5WJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: 6Y5
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  154    42
   80:  869    60
   40: 1278    58
   20: 1733    60
   15: 1043    58
   10: 2286    61
-------------------
Total: 7363   339  Total Score = 7,486,137

Club:

Comments:

Multi-Single High Power  -  1 radio with two ops the first 24 hours. All run
with no moves.

Our condolences to Mike N4GU for the lost of his mother-in-law. He was to bring
along another radio but had to cancel at the last moment.

I could start off by telling you the issues we had during the trip but instead
I'll write about all the good. It was great to have Everett and Dan join me for
another contest.

Our thanks goes to Mervin who met us at the airport. During our 3 hour trip to
the station we stopped to buy watermelon, star fruit, apples, coconut water,
and other fruits.

Upon our arrival at 6Y5WJ we were met by Josh and his lovely wife Jenny. Thanks
to Fritzroy who cut several bamboo poles and helped to install the 3 element 40
meter and 2 element 80 meter wire yagis. Mr. Whiter our neighbor for allowing
us to install the 40 meter yagi in his field. The station is located at 2200'
elevation with an awesome shot to W/VE. Actually all directions is quite good
with a slight rise towards the East.

A  huge thanks to Jenny for preparing local Jamaican dishes and the hospitality
from both. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Thank you all
for the contacts!!