[3830] NCCC Sprint WA6URY(@W1NN) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan.domondon@gol.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WA6URY(@W1NN) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 13:32:26 +0000
NCCC Sprint - Mar 11

Call: WA6URY
Operator(s): WA6URY
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Remote Operation

  160:   5      5
   80:   7      6
   40:   4      3
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  17     15  Total Score = 255

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hal (W1NN) as you may know operates remote from Tokyo when he is here. I operate
most of the time remote from Tokyo. We decided for this NS session to switch
sides. I visisted his QTH in Tokyo (about 45 minutes by train from my QTH). We
set up our rigs at his QTH side by side and operated. Hal used my station in CA
and I used his station in OH.  We even worked each other on 20m without of
course planning it, we just ran into each other. Neither of us did as well as
we had hoped because we did not have enough time to set up our rigs and teach
each other the computer operation. Hal uses WIn test and I use N1MM+
We could not get a handle on use of the macros etc etc. quick enough so we both
decided to use our keyer paddles instead about 5 to 10 minutes into the session.
But...it was fun ! I guess we surprsied some you with our QTH. We plan to do
this again when we have the chance, but we will try to prepare more in advance
to learn each others computer set up....then hopefully will do better next
time.  Tnx to Hal for having me over for this fun and to all for the QSOs!Look
for us again someday for another switch of chairs!  73, Dan - remote in Tokyo.