[3830] ARRLDX SSB GW4BLE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve.gw4ble@btconnect.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB GW4BLE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:02:50 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: GW4BLE
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW4BLE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Newport
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:    1     1
   80:  207    32
   40:   58    26
   20:  581    56
   15:  808    57
   10:  501    49
-------------------
Total: 2156   221  Total Score = 1,429,428

Club: Three As CG

Comments:

Not a serious entry from here. Tower was lowered due to bad weather and no 160
meter antenna.  That said, when Jeff VY2ZM asked me to QSY from 80 I used the
80 metre dipole via ATU to give him the  GW mult on top band.

Wasn't QRV until around 0700 on Saturday and then only for about an hour on
LF.

Returned to 80 around midnight (0000 UTC) to find the band in good shape and
raked up over 200 Qs, even getting called by VE6 which was good.

When not seriously competing in a contest I just set my own targets here and
there, so ARRL SSB was a case of 500 Qs soon becoming 1000, 1500 then 2000.

On 10 metres, with over 400 Qs in the log Sunday I chose to target 500 Qs
rather than go for a better rate a on 15.

Final Q of the contest was just after 1900, on 10 metres with a call from
VE5SKI in Saskatchewan.

As ever, contest audio is available at http://gw4ble.dxlist.co.uk

73

Steve