[3830] BARTG K4GMH SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG K4GMH SO Expert HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:59:10 +0000
BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: VIRGINIA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:
   40:  384      43         15
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  384      43         15  Continents = 6  Total Score = 133,632

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Yes, I have to enter the SOE category rather than the SOSB 40 category.  My call
turned up on the BARTG SOE list.  That will teach me for previously doing well
in another category:>(  Really doesn't matter what category as I had fun and
hope all other participants did as well.

Interesting conditions especially locally.  Had several dead times as
experienced precipitation static (?) on the antenna Sat. evening (LT) even
though Spring started the next day.  The precip. static was caused by sleet
hitting the antenna (antenna at 145 ft) yet no ice accumulation on the ground
as the ice either melted near the ground or melted as soon as it hit the
ground.  Did go outside during this time and could hear the ice hitting the few
leafs still remaining on the oak trees.

Could not hear, early Sat. morning (LT), any of the JA stations that were being
spotted on 40 meters on the Cluster by the West Coast USA skimmer and contest
stations.  Over all the band conditions have been better, but then should get
use to these conditions during this time in the Solar Cycle. Still had fun in
the Contest.

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me and to the BARTG folks for all
their work putting on the Contest.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH