[3830] BARTG AB1J SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG AB1J SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 00:30:50 +0000
BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:  66       3           9
   40:  39
   20:  90
   15:  34
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  66       3           9  Continents = 1  Total Score = 792

Club:

Comments:

I submitted my log as single band 80m with score = 792.  The contest robot put
me in the 80m section, but with my full all band QSO count.  So anyone who
looks at it shouldn't be worried. I won't even show in the race.

The BARTG HF is not a favorite contest, nor is it designed to be, but it is
useful for station tests.  This year it was the latest GRITTY 1.3 (works fine)
and my new 80m antenna configuration.  The antenna is good for domestic
contacts, not DX, but it is the best thing I can think of at the moment.

I never heard anything on 10m.  I  wonder what will happen to the Ten Meter
RTTY Contest in December when the sunspots vanish?  I have always enjoyed that
contest.

15m was useful but it's also about to fall off the sunspot cliff.

80, 40 and 20m were the workhorse bands.  I didn't spend much time on 40m since
I was mostly interested in 80m, but there were lots of Qs to be had there.

80m shows the same distortion in the evening that 40m does at my latitude, only
worse.  I'm surprised at how well the decoders do.  I open MMTTY wider and set
2Tone to Flutter or Selectve (I need to experiment more).  MMVARI and GRITTY
seem to take care of themselves.  I lean forward, furrow my brow and
concentrate, but it doesn't help like it does on CW or SSB.

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000 N1MM+
TS-940S RCKSkimmer
outside 1/4 wave wire and indoor counterpoise