[3830] WPX SSB ON3DI SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ON3DI SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 18:44:46 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   32
   40:
   20:  218
   15:   93
   10:    4
------------

Club:

Comments:

Hi guys,

The expectations for this contest were low, I knew that the sunspots aren't
that numerous. Normally I should have done SOAB low or 80m QRP but with the low
propagation in mind and the fact that I have changed my job, my participation
would be low. The plan was to play a bit on 20m, 15m and may be for a last time
on 10m.

I was qrv on Saturday around 5 utc on 80m, rates were really low. The only nice
qso was WC5T who was really strong (stronger on 80m then on 20m). After that I
went to 20m, had some small pile-ups. I worked D41CV, some JA's, BA, ..., but
not that many UA and UT's as I hoped. 10m was completely death. Due to this 20m
was really crowded in the afternoon, impossible to find a clear spot. I was
getting frustrated and around 16 utc I quit, it was enough.
On Sunday I was qrv around 6 utc, 80m was already death, not a good sign. I had
no pile-ups, despite some spots, on 20m and 15m. No special qso's... I made 4
qso's on 10m, 3 9K2 stations in a few minutes and D41CV, so we lost indeed 10m,
so pitty! The fun was gone, had no interest to wait for the openings to the US,
I wasn't sure that there would be one so I quit totaly around 13 utc!

350 qso's is very poor, less then during my qrp period some years ago. I'm a
bit affraid for the next years...

Anyway tnx for all the qso's!

73,

Pieter ON3DI