[3830] WPX SSB NW3DC(W3DQ) SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NW3DC(W3DQ) SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:44:34 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NW3DC
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: NW3DC

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:    0
   80:   59
   40:   41
   20:   80
   15:   68
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First try in the WPX SSB. The strategy is very different than what I am used to,
which took a bit of time to figure out. That plus learning a new (manual tuned)
amp that showed up mid-week and remembering the callsign I was using made for
an interesting time. Most of was fun.

Signals were all over the place for me, and it id hard to say whether the new
amp -- higher power -- made a significant difference. It sure was nice to see
it run, and the room temp was more comfortable than it usually is with the
solid state amp running!

It was just about all S&P, as I couldn't get any traction running. Spots
seemed the now typically few in number for phone contests, which demands a
closer listen as one trolls up and down the bands. Not a bad thing, actually.

While my overall numbers were low, this 'test gave me a good look at my
station's layout and capabilities. Looks like it will be a busy summer.

73 and thanks for the Q's,
Eric W3DQ

Orion 565 & ACOM 1000
F12 C3-SS, Inv-L on a small city lot