[3830] WPX SSB WN4AFP SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WN4AFP SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 16:11:13 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:    3
   40:  139
   20:   46
   15:  157
   10:   55
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

wow! This was my first All Band Low Power effort in the WPX and I had a blast! I
started in the QRP category until it took me too long ot make 15 QRP contacts on
40m, so cranked up the power to 80w! I did have a couple of small 'runs' on 40m
and 15m, but all else was "S&P" for multipliers. My best hourly
rate was 66. I did have limited time due to Easter activities, family etc. From
SC, 15m was fantastic. It opened early and I closed before it did. Using an
IC-751 (80w) to a pinwheel multi-band dipole antenna at 10 feet. I also don't
have a computer in the shack, so used the true and trusted pen & paper
logging mode. I can't wait to make some noise in the CW WPX. I did work many
CWOps members over the weekend... I won't tell if you don't... Couple of
surprises.. worked W4IX running KH6J, TF2LL Iceland and I thought that I worked
San Marino (M1), but now that's England. Thanks to all for the Q's and let's do
it again in May. 73s Dave WN4AFP