[3830] WPX SSB 9A705Y(9A7DX) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 9A705Y(9A7DX) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:19:32 +0000

------------

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Yo...

What to say,

WPX SSB 2014. SOABHP 15 M
WPX SSB 2015. SOABLP 5 M
WPX SSB 2016. SOABHP 12.5 M

Obviously this year it was not my game :)

1.
Lots of technical issues, with PA, relays, interferences and most importnent
microham u2r. Ofcourse, I discovered a modulation problem wih u2r @ 23:45 UTC
:) Missed 1st hour of competition
but did not manage to fix it, so there was vy vy vy restricted and complicated
so2r possibilities.

2.
Beside that, I lost huge amount of points on on 40m. Our QQ is killing EU but
when it comes to DXs there is a different story.
What ever I try, just can not RUN NA's on 40 (except on my sunrise both days -
when conditions are on the peak).
Now definitly, wont participate seriously in contests before we put a new tower
and get some better ANT for 40m.

3.
9A 7 0 5 Y did not help me at all :( S&P was terrible. Loosing lots of time
to explain my call and even losing some qso because guys just can not copy
"SEVEN ZERO FIVE". During S&P calling BY & YB stn's. with
9A705 pfx ..... no comment :)

I'm sure that all this influenced the score alot !!

ABT BANDS

15m was not especially good for me, there were vy strange condx on 15m this
year. JA's were loud on both days, and NAs were loud too, especially 2nd
evning, but could not get any decent rate there.

20&80 were ok, worked lots of juicy DXs on 80, and got almost more NAs on
80m then on 40m. 20 was wide open in both
evenings.

10&160 are not worth of mentioning.

But generally....

It was an exciting weekend, with lots of friends on the AIR. In the moments
when I was thinking about quiting because of all problems there was always some
friend who called me and wish me well so I stay on the bands until the end.

There was nice race on cqcontest.net, like always I find my own goals and try
to catch them. But could only watch how local competition E7DX and 9A77A was
running away. Congrats guys !

Now will take some rest from contesting, and enjoy spring on the open air ;)

Thanks to all for one more exciting weekend on the BANDs, worked really lots of
familiar voices and call's !

zz

Vedran, 9A7DX