[3830] NA Sprint SSB N5DO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5do@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N5DO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 13:53:44 +0000
NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   61
   40:   96
   20:   91
---------------------

Club:

Team: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

First time to operate HP in a Sprint since 2007.  I was going to do my normal LP
but with a new KPA500 amp I thought I would see what effect more power would
have.  It did feel as though I got through pileups easier and was in some ways
more enjoyable.  But compared to last year, when I was LP, I actually had 15
less QSOs and 4 less mults.  I think maybe there was more of a sense of
excitement last year with more stations participating.

There are still lots more stations active in this contest now than there were
before the "revitalization" took place last year.  Lots of new sprint
operators who are still getting acclimated to the sprint format.  Hopefully they
will continue to participate -- it does get easier!  In addition to AK and HI I
missed NM and MA.