[3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 13:40:57 +0000
JIDX CW Contest

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO NA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    8     7
   80:   93    30
   40:  384    48
   20:  275    44
   15:  329    47
   10:   10     9
-------------------
Total: 1099   185  Total Score = 226,810

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

In our team quest to try for record scores in the 14 categories of JIDX, we
decided to try the MS category.  We dislike this category in any contest
because of the 10 minute rule limitation compared to MM.  But, we managed to
cope with the rule and had a good time!

Four bands were in good shape, but as expected, 10m was disappointing.  I CQd
for 6 hours and managed 10 Qs, all skewed path toward VK.  The welcome rain we
had all weekend raised the noise level on 160m, so we were the 'alligator' on
topband.

K3EST did the heavy lifting on 40 and 15m all weekend, and Sat morning 20m.
N6RO did 20, 80, 160 Friday night, 10m Sat. PM.
NA6O did 20, 40, 80 on Saturday night thru the end of contest.

We managed to get by the 2013 record score by the NX6T team, but don't know if
our score will be a new record.

Setup:
Stn 1;  K3/P3, ACOM 2000A; YAGI stacks 20 and 10, 4 Squares on 80, 160.
SAL-30.
Stn 2;  K3/P3, Alpha 70CFH, Yagi stacks on 40, 15m.
N1MM+ logger.

Thanks to all the JAs who called in.  CU all in WPX CW next month.
N6RO