[3830] GaQP N1CC Single OpMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP N1CC Single OpMixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 00:14:40 +0000
Georgia QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single OpMixed QRP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     19        9
   40:     19       14
   20:     54       23
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:     92       46  CW-Dig Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 28  Total Score = 21,620

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  K3/100 at 5W CW and 10W SSB per rules.  Force 12 C-3 at 64 feet.
80/40 Fan Dipole at 50' E/W broadside.  WriteLog V12.03G, RBN, PacketCluster
and propagation tools used.

Saturday morning through mid-evening we had thunderstorms overhead, not a lot
or rain, very frequent lightning and high winds.  Was not able to operate until
after 0100Z.  Safety first.  With 10 hours operation I am hoping the score is
good enough!

I had decided to go QRP for this year, having won the Low Power Plaque 2-years
in a row.  With the decidedly poor conditions and reduced time that may turn
out to be a "poor" decision.  Most of the many mobiles heard me fine,
and big guns at home too.  I had not as good luck with the "average"
stations with the weak signal from my end.

20 Meters (77 QSO) was the workhorse with results on 80/40 about the same for
61 contacts.  80/40 were too long in the morning Sunday as was 20 for the most
part, later 20 improved, however, 40 meters was pretty useless until the last 2
hours of the contest ... normal skip just was not there for me.

I had fun, more work than planned and will be here next year - maybe not QRP.

Although there were spots on 160, 15, and 10 no signals were detected from GA.