[3830] GaQP K7IA Single OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP K7IA Single OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:05:41 +0000
Georgia QSO Party

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 12:06

  160:
   80:      4
   40:     15        3
   20:     82       22
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    101       25  CW-Dig Mults = 79  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 23,608

Club:

Comments:

Late start on Saturday afternoon.  After working all the fixed stations I heard
on CW, I focused on following the mobiles around the state:
AD4ES  10 Qs
K4ZGB   3
KN4Y    4
N4N     9
W3DYA   5
W4AN    4
W0BH   59  (no typo!)

The mobiles seemed to get together, picking and remaining on their same
frequencies even when changing counties.  No spotting assistance needed--just
set transceiver memory channels for each (or logger bandmap).

Out-of-stater Bob, W0BH, and local (N4PN) assembled a crew of four (N6MU and
K0WHY) to conduct a two vehicle mobile multi-op having a goal of activating 73
counties.  Bob even published charts of the Sat and Sun routes and detailed
timetables of ETAs and ETDs.  A few county entries showed five or fewer minutes
of activation time, but despite the flood of callers per county, Bob and gang
remained on station until all callers were in the log--mostly on CW but many on
SSB as well.

Bob, your mic was open when you mentioned a "wrong turn" to the
driver, and that added to the realism.  It's remarkable how you maintained your
proposed schedule so well.

Bob, Paul, John, and Lorna, that was FUN!  Thank you!