[3830] MiQP AE8M Mobile Solo Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP AE8M Mobile Solo Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 00:36:24 +0000
Michigan QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: 6 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:   36     10
   40:  202     30
   20:   60     22
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  298     62  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 67,116

Club:

Comments:

I ended up with 360 Q's which is slightly more than my previous two mobile
endeavors in the MI QP.  I had no runs on SSB in spite of a number of attempts
on the 3 bands I operated.  This was not normal. I worked 34 states/provinces
and 41 MI counties. The rig was a KX3/KXPA100 with hamsticks, and for the first
time when mobile, N1MM+.  I just discovered N1MM, and now feel like I wasted
time and money on my previous logging software.

Thanks to all who called.  Every Q is appreciated.  I worked many stations
multiple times; too many to mention them all.  The leaders were N2CU (9) and
with 8 each K0RI, K8RYU, N4PN.  It is always fun to work Europe when mobile, so
thanks to HA8IB, DL3DXX, DM5EE, DK2CF,DK2OY and DK3ZF. I also worked K8MR in FL
a number of times.  It seems like all the snow birds should have flown north by
now, so I am wondering if Jim has abandoned OH.

Operating mobile or portable in a state QSO party is great fun.  If you have
ever contemplated doing so, I urge you to give it a try.  Start with a simple
setup, go to a needed county, and you will be hooked.

73, John, AE8M