[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 20:07:17 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 20

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): .44

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  29     29
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  29     29  Total Score = 841

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all for driving home with me in the MINI COOPER today. A special
mention to Bill, KC4D for "MINI COOPER" comments during our QSO.  (I
did miss part of the msg due to QRM, but got enough of it to have a smile
because of it)

20m was really busy and I squooshed in between stns up around 14.037 to do a
90% run session.  This is much safer than S&P while driving as I never have
to take my eyes off the road.

Was vy pleased with this particular session, even though it was slightly less
than my usual 1/2hr drive and I did start late, I seemed to do really well for
the 25-26 minutes I was on the air.  All the QSO's were made with
MINI-IN-MOTION.  My coffee break sessions are almost w/o fail, 10-12Q's due to
time, but this afternoon I had to break out the calculator to do my (meager)
single band score!

Modus operandi usually is make a few S&P Q's in my parking spot, then find
a notch up the band where I can run.  Jot ~ 3 letters down on a very large
(paper) tablet on the passengers seat so if I have time at the end of my drive
I can consult it and hopefully not dupe anyone. It sometimes looks like a 3
year old wrote it. (ever try to write and drive (but don't look at what you are
writing?) It's funny.

My paper tablet looks kinda like this today:
4ZZ 9ILY, 4RO,4AF,  HKA, 8BJQ, SI5Y, 5ZO-NO Q, C4D, SA6G, I5EFO, 1DW, 1GU, QVB,
9NA, 0AD,7SV....etc.....it's almost like I was logging stns from 90 yrs ago.
Comical to look at later on.

A real thrill to work so many top ops.  I apologize for some of my fumble
fingers.  95% of the time (or more) my eyes are on the road, so if I hit the
wrong programmed button on the rig, or shift, then feel around for the paddle,
it's not always a smooth transition like it would be sitting in your shack, hi
!

Also, the roads around here are potholed like crazy, so I could be swerving to
avoid one, shifting, or going over a bump, (or into a hole!)....apologies for
the odd QLF.

EU signs were pretty good, but haven't worked Dan, OK1DIG in a couple weeks.

Wow, this is long report for such a short 'test !

I am full of it today.

Mike VE9AA/m....FT-857D@ 100w, SD-330 antenna (stuck on 20m), N3ZN miniMITE
paddles. 2009 MINI COOPER 1.6L, 6 speed manual. Pen/paper logging by Mike