[3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:19:32 +0000
432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN04xa
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

Total:  QSOs = 28  Mults = 13  Tot Dist(km) = 5527  Total Score = 364

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I entered this contest as a Hilltopper ( presently does not exist, should) and
will be entered under SOLP to qualify under the present rules.  Brought VA3NW
and VE3IQZ with me, to enjoy the location and examine it as a possible FD site
for their club.  Both had a lot of fun in the farmer's field at 720 fasl. Being
100 feet apart, splatter and receiver desensing was anticipated, blocked some
good qso's, and I am pleasantly surprised at my final score.  Managed to work
VA3ELE/R in all 4 of his grids, the last 2 being without the 100W amp, was 20W
and still good copy 200 km away.  Best odx was W3IP at 556 km.  Breakdown:

2 at less than 100 km, actually 100 feet
10 from 100 km to 200 km
6 from 200 km to 300 km
1 at 300 km to 400 km
3 at 400 km to 500 km
5 at 500 km to 600 km.

Setup:  910H at 75W to usual 22 elmt K1FO up 10 feet, elev 720 fasl

Could hear VE3YCU working K9IYV but unable to get his attention.  No others
heard west of EN92vw, and to the east K1TEO FN31jh was LOUD at 501 km.

Thanks to Mike and Kent and the Central States VHF for their sponsorship of the
Sprints.  Thanks to all who participated, and who worked to FN04xa.

I will be a Rover in the Microwave Sprint.  Peter VA3ELE will run from home.

73,

Bill  Burgess   VE3CRU .......... often /R