[3830] 7QP N7XU MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7XU MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 07:18:58 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7XU
Operator(s): K4XU N6YMM
Station: N7XU

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:   57
   40:  209
   20:  638
   15:   11
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  905     0       0  Mults = 63  Total Score = 173,160

Club:

Comments:

Long day in the saddle. Dave, N6YMM, was the driver. His first time in a mobile
QSO party. After 685 miles, he was about wrecked. My ears are still ringing.
Band conditions were poor, 15m never opened - 11 QSOs, only 3 DX mults. Never
heard ND SD or MS, and the Canadians were lacking - only NB ON SK and BC.

However, participation was pretty good. We left Twin Falls at 13Z and headed
into the rising sun for three counties on the south side of the Snake before
turning north and joining I-84 for the trip west. With a few side trips out and
back for IDOWY IDBOI IDGEM and IDWAS, it was mostly a straight shot to the
Oregon border. Up to ORUNI via ORBAK then west into ORGRA. The devistation from
last summer's wildfires in Grant County was horrific and one of the casualties
was N7YB, the resident HF-active ham. Dutch will be back next year.

It's past midnight local time. I gotta get some rest. Thanks for the fun!
73,
Dick  k4xu/n7xu