[3830] 7QP AE7EU Cnty Exped M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, martin.held@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP AE7EU Cnty Exped M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 23:30:09 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: AE7EU
Operator(s): AE7EU KF7WPK KI7CRE W7JHR WN7K SH4DOW
Station: AE7EU

Class: Cnty Exped M/S HP
QTH: CN93HK
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:           7
   40:         181
   20:         542
   15:           2
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     732      0  Mults = 59  Total Score = 85,196

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Holey moley we had a great year despite the noisy noisy band conditions.  This
year we lived up to the category (Since all M/S expeditions are in the same
category regardless of power) and ran 600W from an SB200 into our antennas, and
it made quite a difference.  We also had the clubs TA33jr for 20/15m (not that
it mattered much for 15m), and this year with the proper equipment to launch
lines into trees, the dipole was even higher.  The low noise at this location
doesn't hurt either, and if it weren't for the atmospheric noise we probably
could have heard a mouse fart in China.  The resident tree hunter and stick
remover, Shadow, gave those resting in the sun a soft belly to rub and kept the
deer at bay.  Brian's cooking kept everyone well fed, and Sterling's rig made it
all the more comfortable.  I've thrown pictures in at http://ae7eu.com/ .

Normally this operation is just Brian KF7WPK and myself, but this year we did
things a little differently.  Since I work a 9-5, Sterling and Brian went down
Friday morning and started setting up the antennas, and then I joined around
6pm after getting off work.  Saturday morning, Jim, Don and Aaron joined us
during the day to say hi, get on the air a little bit and see how we run
expeditions.  They all ended up having to pack up and leave though by the
afternoon due to in-town commitments, so the three of us finished out the
contest 'til 10pm and then hit the hay.  Teardown Sunday only took an hour or
so as it all comes down a lot easier than it goes up... kinda frustrating
almost :)

Thanks to all who joined for 7QP, and especially those also who stood by for
the newbies while we learned them to not fear the microphone (hopefully next
year we'll get them to not fear the key once I learn code a bit better).