[3830] 50SprngSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djholman@u.washington.edu
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 16:58:50 +0000
50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH: CN86/CN87/CN96/CN97
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 82  Mults = 23  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 1,886

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Good turnout in the Pacific Northwest!   Once again, I roved the
CN86/CN87/CN96/CN97 grid intersection.  Three grids (CN87, CN86 and CN96) fall
along one stretch of a gravel road (Mowich Lake Road that leads to one entrance
to Mt. Rainier National Park), and CN97 takes a bit more work to activate.

I started out in CN97 on Mud Mountain and was pleased to work both VE7DAY in
CO70 and VE7AFZ in CO80 to the north.  K7YDL was booming in from the south
(CN85) along with a few other Portland-area stations.

The trip up Mowich Lake Road produced good yields, although I was never able to
work VE7AFZ or VE7DAY again.   KF7PCL in CN76 showed up in the middle of the
Sprint to treat us to that rare grid.   There were some E. Washington stations
heard in the Puget Sound area west of the Cascades, but Mount Rainier was
directly in my way and I couldn't work 'em.

No Es noted.  In the end, I worked 36 unique calls in these grids:

Grid    QSOs
CN76    2
CN85    7
CN86    4
CN87    55
CN88    8
CN89    1
CN97    3
CO70    1
CO80    1

Following the Sprint, I drove eight miles east to Mt. Rainier National Park,
put up a screwdriver antenna, and did an NPOTA activation (including a couple
of QSOs on 6m).

The Spring VHF+ were a blast.