[3830] 50SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 12:02:06 +0000
50 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 46  Mults = 20  Tot Dist(km) = 2298  Total Score = 920

Club:

Comments:

Op time includes two breaks of 40 minutes plus.

It was a cold Saturday evening in Chicago, more reminiscent of mid-March, than
mid-May and I operated, again, from near a grid corner in the 'flatlands' in
the area. Activity was a bit lighter than in the past with only 13 unique calls
in my log (vs. 18 in 2015). Conditions were definitely 'flat'; no signs of any
tropo enhancement or sporadic E (at least not during the time of the Sprint).

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately
fromeach grid-4 visited and add them up. Five unique grids worked.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51 12  5
EN52 11  5
EN61 13  5
EN62 10  5
Tot. 46 20 = 920

Total DX - 2298 km

Of the 13 different calls, QSOs completed with 7 of those from all four of the
grids I visited.

Bob2, K2DRH, was the target for my 4 longest QSO paths and of the evening,
ranging from 181 to 189 km, 740 km total, almost 1/3 of my DX total. Lloyd,
N9LB, was another good target, with 4 contacts ranging from 149 to 154 km, 603
km total. The remaining 38 Qs were all less than 100 km, with 4 of those longer
than 50 km, 23 between 10 and 49 km and 11 at 9km or less

Thanks also to ALL who were on, active and participated in the 2016 50 MHz
Spring Sprint. Continued thanks to Kent, KA2KQM, and Mike, WB8BZK, for their
work as the Spring Sprint hosting team and to the Central States VHF Society
for their sponsorship of the Spring Sprint series. Thanks also to Bruce,
WA7BNM, for providing the 3830scores web page and for supporting both the
Spring AND Fall VHF & Up Sprint events.

73, JK