[3830] Volta RTTY AB1J SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY AB1J SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 19:02:18 +0000
Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:16

   80:   10     9
   40:   75    25
   20:   68    29
   15:    5     4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  158    67  Total Score = 15,439,128

Club:

Comments:

I've participated in this contest before on occasion but never paid much
attention aside from marveling at the score.  That should have been a clue that
it was a distance scoring contest, a concept I support although I know it's not
as simple or as universally fair as I first thought.  Still, I'm happy to
participate and lend my support.

Even though there's no way to get all four corners of the globe onto a flat
playing field, it's worth trying, using as simple a process as possible.  This
is still a conceptual work in progress which I hope succeeds.

Conditions weren't great but I was pleased with my results.  I've been
experimenting with N1MM+ using Fldigi vs MMVARI and this was the first RTTY
contest in a while where I had enough Qs to draw a conclusion which was:
I really can't tell any difference, TX or RX.

I guess that's a legitimate conclusion, but not a very exciting one.

I hope everyone is having fun at Dayton.

And I hope to see some of you in the upcoming CQ-WPX-CW.

Thanks for the contacts.

73,
Ken, AB1J