[3830] WPX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sp2xf@wp.pl
Subject: [3830] WPX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:49:09 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SN2M

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1029
------------
Total: 1029  Prefixes = 547  Total Score = 685,391

Club:

Comments:

I had a plan make SOSB 20M effort for the first time from my QTH , but I just
gave up after 2 hours. Well... 15-20m tall towers, with 8m boom tribanders is
just NOT enough to make anything serious on this band. I could only hear some
real big guns having quite a good runs with NA, while I was not copying more
than 50% they worked... So I finished abt 3:00 UTC.

Turned on the radio again around 11:00 on saturday. When I looked on 10M it was
full of strong short skip EU signals. Decided to have some run&fun before
dinner but finally I stayed on the radio abt 5 hours, having 100-120 Qso/hr all
over EU. In the evening there was some opening to Carribeans and SA. Also wkd
VO1MP and NR4M on skew path. I realized that if the condx repeats on sunday, I
could try to break old SP record and have some more fun.
Sunday morning was great, I expected only short skip EU signals, but band was
also opened to Asia and Pacific. Worked 4L,9M6,A9, BY(x10), HL, HS, HZ, UN, VK,
VR, VU and many UA9 off course. No JA's heard at all.
In the afternoon - ones again full of big EU signals, but not as good as on the
1st day. I wish I spent full time on 10M, including saturday morning, probably
could break 1.2k QSO easily...

Finally, in the log:
917 - EU
112 - DX

TNX all qso's.

Set up is the same since 2015: Icoms 765,775 and 5/5el + 5el + 5el on 3
towers.

73's and CU in CQWW.