[3830] WPX CW WQ8RP(N8XX) SOSB20 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WQ8RP(N8XX) SOSB20 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 23:43:48 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WQ8RP
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SOSB20 QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 4.75

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  106
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Interesting Contest.  Started out with a goal of trying SOSB/10, but 10 closed,
so looked at 15 and 20 meters. 15 was marginal, so drifted down to 20 meters at
the start of the contest in PM of Saturday.  Amazed at what folks could dig out.
 For most of the afternoon I worked fellow North American stations.  But, just
for the fish (halibut) I decided to see if anything was going at 0500Z or so,
and was amazed that there were some very strong DX stations.  Worked several of
them between 0500 and 0600Z!

Sorta low key effort. Couldn't maintain concentration for more than an hour or
two at a time.  Might have made more than typical 3% incorrect entries, due to
age, encroaching senility, and effects of minor MOHS surgery on Thursday. Also,
had a new computer which I couldn't figure out how to make the function keys
work normally, so had to hit the Fn button each time I wanted N1MM to send some
code for me.   But, overall it was fun!  Thanks to the organizers of this FB
contest.

And, thanks to the Michigan QRP club for the use of the club call.  WQ8RP was
"probably" a unique multiplier, unless things have changed from the
past 10 or so years. :)