[3830] WPX CW K4BAI SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K4BAI SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 02:11:01 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 34:17

------------
  160:    5
   80:   58
   40:  537
   20:  917
   15:  305
   10:   18
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT100MP, Alpha 91b/SB220, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, zepp, tee
vertical.
Fairly good conditions on 20 and 40M.  20M was open late at night here.  15M
sounded good at the start, was pretty bad during the first day, and much
improved on the second day.  10M was open to South America and the Caribbean
and marginally to North Africa and Southern Europe.  LZ9W was like a beacon on
Sunday during the day, but he never could hear me calling.  Also heard 9A1A and
LZ5R whoc couldn't hear me. Did work CR6K.  160M was OK for a few QSOs and NA
mults.  Thanks for all QSOs.  At about 2100Z on the first day, the Alpha 91b
protection system put it into standby and I couldn't use it any more.
Everything seemed normal up until that time and I made no changes when it shut
down.  I got out the stand by SB220 for the rest of the contest.  It doesn't
work on 160M and the output is very low on 10M.  And I really missed QSK.
Maybe I can get one or both of the Alpha amps repaired before IARU in July.
73, John, K4BAI.