[3830] WPX CW K8AJS SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin1@me.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K8AJS SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:07:29 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25:30

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:    0
   15:  389
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Friday evening was promising, and I was looking forward to attacking the contest
again on Saturday morning.

Fifteen meter band conditions on Saturday were such that I was seriously
tempted to bag it and do something else for the weekend. I have a usual
circumstance early in the morning, when running low power, where I can hear
Europe but they can’t hear me. This condition usually dissipates later, and I
can make contacts with little difficulty. This time, the condition lasted almost
all day. I was never able to satisfactorily make EU contacts. Frustrating, to
say the least. It took me seven hours on Saturday to add as many contacts to
the log as I had made Friday evening in about an hour and 45 minutes.

Sunday was much better here, and I stuck it out and kept BIC all day until the
end of the contest. In all, I had fun, didn’t make nearly as many contacts as
I would have liked, but it was a learning experience which will be useful in
future contests (next time, if I’m running Single Band, pick a lower band and
run high power).

One disappointing result of the poor conditions was that while running low
power I can usually spend some time running, this time it proved to be
fruitless. I spent all my time in search & pounce mode.

Given that this is not, really, a 100% DX contest, I was pleased to see that
despite overall conditions that can charitably be described as sorrowful, when
all was said and done I had managed to work 80 countries over the weekend .

Thanks to all for the contacts, and I’m looking forward to seeing you in the
next onE!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/ P3, 100 watts
Ant: 3 element quad
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.5707.0