[3830] WPX CW N5AW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N5AW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:29:33 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   17
   40:  385
   20:  920
   15:  534
   10:   12
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Last year everything went right and I set a new record. This year my luck ran
out - close to being the contest from hell! Line noise appeared just in time
for the contest, amplifier went out on my second radio (still worked but only
10 watts), had to shut down for severe weather the second night and missed the
European opening on 40, high winds caused the feedline for my Lazy H to get
tangled in a tree and made it unusable, rotor on my 40 meter Moxon got
temporarily stuck at 20 degrees when band was open to the Pacific, and finally
something went wrong with the coax from the second radio to my 8 Pack. At least
we didn't have a power failure! Still somehow managed to beat my WRTC qualifying
competitor K5WA so guess I shouldn't be complaining.