[3830] WPX CW YW4D(YV1DIG) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yv1dig@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW YW4D(YV1DIG) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 00:51:50 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: YW4D
Operator(s): YV1DIG
Station: YV4A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Camatagua
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  621
   20:  905
   15:  965
   10:   30
------------

Club: Radio Club Venezolano

Comments:

Thanks to all who called, to YV5AM for the contest site and to YV5JBI for being
there and doing the food (quite important task)! (and last but not least to my
wife to give me a full weekend permit !)

Due the multiple power blackout by the government in all the country had to
compete in LP (the power cut was never at the same hour... what a guess!), the
auxiliary power plant only have 120v, so was easy the choice.. K3 alone.

My respects to the usual LP operators, suffered in my own flesh the crocodiles
and a few Big gun frequency stole. Wow, just a fraction of second between the
QRL(just a few did that) and the following CQ ! Had to move a few times due
this ugly behavior.

All the antennas were a nice asset to carry on with LP:

K3 Elecraft transceiver
7 elements yagi for 10m at 12m high
6 elements yagi for 15m at 32m high
5/5 elements yagi for 20m at 32m high
4 elements yagi for 40m at 40m high

See the tour in the landscape of YV4A :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaO6qONBWRA

See the YV4A's antenna farm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5XGkYiwKmE
(can see also 4 square for 80m hanging below the 40m yagi, a double inv L
between 15m and 40m towers, and a inv V for 160m from the top of the 15m
tower)

A couple videos of the operation, courtesy of YV5JBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_SjYkxyOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpob3Flx88

Best regards and hope to hear you all the next contest

Paolo YV1DIG