[3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 02:43:27 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:    5
   40:   56
   20:   52
   15:   22
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: TS590S
ANTENNAS:
        160 - 6M yagi at 30': see comments below
         80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
         40, 15 - 1/4 lambda vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'

100% S&P -- My CW listening skills are slowly getting better,
        but they are still at a point where I need to listen
        a few times to get the exchange

Logger: N3FJP CQ WPX Contest Log Version 3.9 Beta

My first attempt at WPX CW from my Harpswell, ME, QTH.
I had a lot of spring cleanup responsibilities, so I
only operated late in the day and early evening.
10 was close to non-existent.  15 & 80 were reasonable, but
I spent most time on 40 & 20 as they were the most active.
I heard some 160 (no antenna -- I load my 6M yagi and the
coax radiates...) but never had a Q.

Even with relatively simple antennas and my lack of code speed,
my biggest hurdle to better scores remains chair time.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ