[3830] ARRL June VHF W7QQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W7QQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 13:43:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  301   134  Total Score = 40,334

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

This was the first time operating fixed at home for a long time. The objective
was to wring out some new gear combinations for the rover at home where I had
more capability to correct problems.  I used modest antennas and the same power
amplifiers I use in the rover.

I used N1MM+ for logging for the first time and lost several dozen contacts
early in the contest due to operator error. Arghhhhh! I used the SO2R function
and it worked perfectly.

This was the consumate 50 MHz festival with wide open bands throughout most of
the contest.  For the first time in my memory I felt like a rate junkie, often
reaching 200 per hour. What fun on 6 while ignoring long haul weak signal
contacts on 144, 222 and 432.  Best DX on 50 MHz occurred late in the contest
when I worked several in the FN grids on double hop. Propagation on 144 and up
was not great and I found it difficult to work longer than 200 miles with best
DX was KK6MC/R at about 250 miles.  None of that 144+ would have been possible
without assistance. Thanks to W9RM for working 144, 222 and 432 at 235 miles.

I could have done much better had I been a better CW op.