[3830] ARRL June VHF W0UC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, husby002@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W0UC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 04:22:39 +0000
ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: W0UC
Operator(s): W0UC
Station: W0UC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN44hr
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  682   213
    2:   81    28
  222:   48    23
  432:   60    25
  903:   22    16
  1.2:   26    17
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  919   322  Total Score = 366,758

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Best June Contest conditions here in a very long time!  Sporadic-E most of the
time on 6M coupled with unusually good June conditions on the microwave bands
made for a really fun weekend.  144, 222 and 432 were pretty much normal, but
on 902 and 1296 I was able to work stations on SSB that normally are tough on
CW.  Nothing unusual in terms of distance, but unusually good propagation
within the region.

6M opened soon after the start through late Saturday evening, and again Sunday
morning pretty much through the end.  There were lulls, but seemingly more a
case of having worked out the current opening, and then the band would shift
again.  I probably spent too much time on CW, but it's just such a blast
working real CW contesters on 6!  Finally, a strong opening to W1-2-3 land, the
first for me in years.  I missed a few grids in the Carolinas, but nice fill
from FL across into TX.  Good fill of grids in AZ/NM/CO, and a smattering
across the rest of the West.  Just a handful of double-hop Q's to SoCal and
WA/BC.

For DX, a couple of EA8's and a number of XE's.  Heard a weak JA, but at the
same time needed to catch a critical rover grid.  Great rover help from AC0RA,
W9FZ, KA9VVQ, N0LNO and KC0P.  Catching 6 rover Q's from Wyatt without losing
my 6m frequency was really neat!

I hope to see many of you at Central States in July, and in the UHF Contest
this August!

73
Paul W0UC
EN44HamRadio