[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3SMA/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VE3SMA/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 22:05:46 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  391   137  Total Score = 66,445

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Grid total includes 7 grids activated.

Tony, VE3RZ, joined me again for the June contest.  He ably operated 6 metres
from the back seat while I drove and handled the other three bands.  This was
Tony's first serious contest effort on six and the band definitely put on a
show for him!  It was open a lot and to various different places, giving a good
variety of grids.

The sustained openings on six meant the other bands had lower-than-usual
activity, but we still managed to get respectable totals on each band and far
surpassed our goal of beating the Canadian Limited Rover record.

Murphy pretty much stayed away, apart from the odd minor antenna assembly
glitch, a traffic jam and some corroded CW paddle contacts on 222/432.

It was a blast (of the non-Murphy variety)!

73,
Steve VE3SMA/R