[3830] All Asian CW SK3W(SM5AJV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm5ajv@qrq.se
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW SK3W(SM5AJV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:45:43 +0000
All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: SK3W
Operator(s): SM5AJV
Station: SK3W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     5
   80:   28    21
   40:  103    69
   20:  611   193
   15:  231   125
   10:   35    29
-------------------
Total: 1013   442  Total Score = 461,890

Club:

Comments:

It was a long time since I was participatin serious in this contest, maybe in
the 80ies when the JA piles was big. Still, this was an interesting experience.

The rates was as expected, rather low and some hours extremely low with only a
handful QSO's in the late Sunday hours. 15 meters never went fully alive and 20
meters was the band to stick to. At the end of the contest I heard several JA's
on 10 meters, but I was too late and the propagation just went down when the 10
meter PA was ready after its 3 minute warm-up period.

A nice suprice during the weekend was Stefan DL1IAO and Karin showing up at the
station. It's not every day you shake hand with a WRTC hero (3rd place in 2014).
I was in the middle of operating, so Gus SM3SGP took care of the Grand Station
Tour. I hope we will see more of Stefan at the station during the upcoming
years.

Again THANKS to Gus SM3SGP for letting me occupy the station.