[3830] ARRL FD N6AN/VE6 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N6AN/VE6 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 02:43:14 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   32     2       0  Total Score = 430

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

My Field Day operation took place from a river bank about 50 feet above the
Miette river just before its confluence with the Athabasca river.This location
is inside Jasper National Park and roughly a mile from the town of Jasper.
A Packtenna 20 meter vertical was fed by a KX3 drawing power from the cigarette
lighter socket of my rental car. The Ford Taurus passenger seat was my operating
position.
Setup began around 03Z and my first QSO was at 0344Z with W4JNB in AL. After
some S&P I even made several QSOs by CQing, including NP2X and W3AO. I gave
SSB a try but decided to QSY to 40 after little success. About 20 minutes later
I had the antenna reconfigured as a 40 meter inverted vee. By midnight local
time I was ready to QRT. The next morning I managed one QSO then needed to
disassemble the station.
My only Murphy problem was not having the means to clean the paddle contacts.
They started to cause spontaneous sending and would not obey my commands.
Luckily I had already loaded a few needed messages in memory.
It was wonderful to visit the incomparable Canadian Rockies. Getting to operate
Field Day from there was a special treat.
73,
David N6AN