[3830] IARU K8AJS SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bastinj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K8AJS SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 16:22:11 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    2     0       2       0
   80:    8     0       1       0
   40:  109     0      10      12
   20:  401     0      17      30
   15:   36     0      10       7
   10:    0     0       0       0
-------------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were definitely punk…out of the 556 contacts I made, 311 of them
were in zone 7 or 8. DX was pretty poor all day. Twenty meters got better at
about 4:00 PM local time, and I was able to work some Europe on 20 and 40 for
two or three hours, but a lot of it was S&P and multiple calls to make
people even in western Europe hear me (and then 4Z4DX was one of my CQ replies
on 20 meters, go figure).

I intended to spend more time on the low bands after sunset, but my local noise
level that I fight with all the time was particularly bad this Saturday evening,
hard to hear anyone on 80 and 160 (noise on 80m was steady S5 and it was S7 on
160), so I gave it up after about 14 hours BIC.

I had a good time, though, even with the conditions being what they were.
Thanks to everyone for all the contacts, and I’ll see you in the next one!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3, 100 watts
Antennas: 3 el quad, 40-meter dipole, 204-foot G5RV, 160m Extended inverted L
Software: N1MM Logger+ v1.0.5774.0