[3830] IARU NS0R SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NS0R SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:23:12 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: NS0R
Operator(s): NS0R
Station: NS0R

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   109            7       5
   40:   470           26      18
   20:   402           19      16
   15:    30            8       5
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  1011    0      60      44  Total Score = 295,464

Club:

Comments:

I'm fairly happy with my score.  I failed to put in the full 24 hour effort, but
I still had fun.  By 2:00 AM I was shot, and I just couldn't stay awake long
enough to work the JA's on 40 that we hear around 4 AM here.  I did happen to
catch several ZL's and VK's.  I sighed off at around 3:45 AM after falling
asleep at the key.

I had no gain antennas this year.  I used a homebrew 80/40/20/15 meter
vertical.  I also experimented with a 33.5 foot wire attached to a 40 foot
fiberglass pole and fed with a parallel LC network at the base.  This worked
pretty well for a half wave vertical on 20 meters with a total (4) 6 foot
radials.  Initially I had to adjust the wire bit when testing as it was arcing
through it's insulation to the steel post holding up the fiberglass mast.
After that it handled 500 watts without a problem and could probably take close
to a KW if I had an amp that big.

I would have really liked to have a 20 meter moxon or beam this year but I
couldn't afford it.  Maybe next year.  Overall I'm happy with the results
considering my antenna situation and my city lot.

Thanks for the Q's.

73, Morgan, NS0R