[3830] IARU KL2R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KL2R M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 22:38:50 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX K1XM KL1JP WL7BDO
Station: KL2R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KL
Operating Time (hrs): 16.3

  160:
   80:   11             3       1
   40:  129            15       6
   20:  456    142     35      30
   15:   11             5       2
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  607    142     58      39  Total Score = 265,877

Club:

Comments:

Despite on fair conditions, this was a riot.  Paul K1XM was
  visiting from MA and did the heavy lifting as guest op.  It
  was a real pleasure to see the team put the station through
  its paces without any failures.  We were shut down for several hours due to
thunderstorms, plus a social gathering of these and other hams coincided, so we
had to take a dinner break.  IARU is a personal favorite, and the outcome, while
modest in absolute terms, shows just what can be accomplished from Alaska in
summer.

A couple of observations: 80m wasn't a total bust as was anticipated.  15m was
sadly dead much of the time, yet we were able to make a few QSOs into Europe
after our sunset (0100 local time).  The 40m dual verticals continue to impress
and are far superior to the dipole at 120 feet.