[3830] IARU WX3B SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WX3B SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 23:00:05 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 2.75

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    0      0      0       0
   40:    0      0      0       0
   20:   66     83     11      18
   15:   32      2      6       4
   10:    6      3      3       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  104     88     20      25  Total Score = 25,290

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just under 3 hours of horsing around in 3 shifts.  Started of on 10 meters at
9:00am expecting to hear nothing.  I about fell out of my chair when I heard a
super-loud EF4HQ CQing on SSB.  Worked an IT9...had a CT7 call me and
eventually found a 9A HQ station to work....said hi to Fred K3ZO and Craig's HQ
team at K9CT (W1AW/9)...or was it WB9Z's team???  KU2M from NJ was super loud on
10.  That was about it.  Saw that Lar K7SV got the second band opening in the
afternoon...who would have thought???

I had trouble getting anything going on 15 when I tried and went to 20...which
was the primary band I made QSOs.  Although there were loud HQ stations CQing,
I never got a good EU run going in the morning, and the afternoon run, while
better, was slow compared to the non-stop ROARING pileup my K2F operators
reported last weekend.  Conditions on CW and density of callers is always
better than SSB, and generally forget that until I've been on for a few hours.

My favorite QSO of the contest was hearing Tim N3QE's RAW enthusiasm and pure
joy to be contesting when we worked on 20 meters, and it was nice to run into a
bunch of friends during the event.

This is a great summer contest made better by knowing in a couple more years it
will be the home of the WRTC championship again.

73,

Jim   WX3B