[3830] IARU P3Z(5B4AFM) SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 5b4afm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU P3Z(5B4AFM) SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:46:05 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: P3Z
Operator(s): 5B4AFM
Station: 5B4ES

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    28     0      5       20
   80:   114     6     14       34
   40:   260    29     31       48
   20:   630   256     42       50
   15:   416    78     33       41
   10:   198    21     14       31
-------------------------------------
Total:  1646   390    139      224  Total Score = 3,238,323

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

This is my favourite contest on the calendar and even though the odds were
against my participation this year, I eventually managed to convince the family
to head to the beach for the weekend…I showed up with a K3 (tnx 5B4ZN) at the
nearby 5B4ES club station on Saturday morning hoping that all would be in
place…not. A monument that stood nearby for as long as I can remember and a
trusty support for our 160m wire dipole, literally disappeared after some
renovation work along with the dipole which I eventually found hacked up in a
corner. More problems were expecting me as I entered the shack but to cut a
long story short I eventually got the station ready enough to allow me to start
the contest.

Conditions were very average and with the exception of the late night openings
on 10/15m which was a pleasant surprise, things moved rather slowly and it was
unusually hard for me to get any descent run on SSB.

Second day I felt something was wrong with me as I was feeling nauseous and
towards the end of the contest muscle aches intensified. I initially attributed
this to tiredness but it ended up being a stomach bug as I very well found out
later that evening!

All in all, this was a rather eventful entry but I am glad I worked the
contest, contacted many good friends and enjoyed our amazing hobby!

73, Stavros 5B4AFM

K3, TL-922
TH5-MkII, 40-2CD, 80/160 wire dipoles
Win-Test