[3830] IARU W9RE SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W9RE SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:21:20 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    29     1      4        2
   80:   160    19     12       17
   40:   308   219     25       31
   20:   608   373     36       45
   15:   189    89     17       23
   10:    23     9      7        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1317   703    101      122  Total Score = 1,183,907

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to all for enduring the dismal conditions.  I kept thinking is this what
we have to look forward to for the next few years?  It got a little better as
the day progressed.

Mr. Murphy was sitting beside me in this one and came up with minor issues for
me.  I had only changed my headset to a new one with an electret element and
you wouldn't think that would cause too much of a problem but for me it did.
All last week I tried to get my voice keyer to sound normal and I almost was
100% successful with that.  One of the problems was not being able to get a
clean stop on the voice message.  So the end of my CQs took out the prefix of
stations calling.  I finally used a memory in my K3s (just not as convenient).
Next I realized that when changing radios the vox would trip every time, no
matter how low I had the vox gain set-again just minor.

I started the contest and realized my headphone audio switching would not work
correctly.  I switch it from the keyboard as my SO2R box is not easy to reach.
I could not hear my run radio in both ears only one. I rebooted the program,
rebooted the computer, rebooted SO2R box with no luck weird how the night
before it all worked and now not.  Finally at noon time I redid the F keys and
then had it working again.  These things were very minor but I get thrown off
the track easily and kept worrying about how to fix them.

The final Murphy visit was my antenna controller (Stack Master) just died so I
didn't have access to my normal 15 meter antennas.  It was late in the day and
I had my backup 15 meter antennas on another tower so again minor.

I've been preparing to dismantle my radio table for a window replacement and
thought that something I did in the prep would cause the problems but no.

      Continent List  W9RE 2016 Mixed IARU

                   160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =     26   117   339   525   160    11     0     0     0   1178
  VE calls    =      4    15    37    65    13     1     0     0     0    135
  N.A. calls  =      0     1    19    30    14     2     0     0     0     66
  S.A. calls  =      0     1    18    40    29    18     0     0     0    106
  Euro calls  =      0    44    76   282    51     0     0     0     0    453
  Afrc calls  =      0     1     2    10     1     0     0     0     0     14
  Asia calls  =      0     0     0    21     0     0     0     0     0     21
  JA calls    =      0     0    10     2     0     0     0     0     0     12
  Ocen calls  =      0     0    26     6     3     0     0     0     0     35

  Unknowns    =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0

  Total calls =     30   179   527   981   271    32     0     0     0   2020