[3830] IARU PI4DX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, konecc@snet.net
Subject: [3830] IARU PI4DX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 02:44:41 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: PI4DX
Operator(s): PH9B PA7JWC PA4A K1CC PD9X PA3EVY PD7RB
Station: PI4DX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Walsoorden
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    17      0     3       13
   80:    86      0    12       20
   40:   534    278    26       39
   20:   415    424    27       42
   15:   138    177    24       37
   10:   111    190    17       35
-------------------------------------
Total:  1301   1069   109      186  Total Score = 2,391,270

Club: Contest Group Zeeuws Vlaanderen

Comments:

This was the annual PI4DX “BBQ” contest which is probably the only contest
in the Netherlands with warm weather and likely sun.  I was invited to join the
group but was advised not to take this contest too seriously.  In the spirit of
the contest, we only had one radio set up with a QRO barbeque grill outside and
took turns at the radio one at a time.

The weather did not fail us and the band conditions were not too bad either,
with good E-skip on 15 and 10 so there was no shortage of European stations to
be worked at any time, though conditions to the US were more spotty.  The low
bands were quite good and we should have spent more time on 80 and 160.

Erik’s station is on reclaimed land from the sea near the Belgian border.  It
was fun to look over the dike and watch the tops of ships passing to and from
the busy port of Antwerp.  The well-engineered station performed very well with
very quiet listening conditions.  All in all, a very enjoyable summer weekend to
finish off my European trip.

--- Rich K1CC