[3830] CQWW VHF AA5B Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, BruceAA5B@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AA5B Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 17:09:15 +0000
CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: AA5B
Operator(s): AA5B KK6MC
Station: AA5B

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM DM64
Operating Time (hrs): 15

    6:  78     45
    2:  20      6
-------------------
Total:  98     51  Total Score = 6,018

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Sad statistic:
We worked more XEs than W1, W2, W3, W8, W9, and W0 combined.

Duffey is usually a rover, but I asked him to join me in camping and operating
from the Cibola National Forest at 7800 ft elevation. When we checked DXmaps,
it was frustrating to see almost all of the 6-meter openings from the east
coast stopped in central TX. The station seemed to perform well on the
occasions when there were signals to work, but that wasn't very often. Duffey
was very pleased with a couple 2-meter tropo contacts into Colorado.

TS2000, KPA500, Honda EU2000i
6-mtr Moxon, 4-el yagi on 6, more (10?) elements on 2.

73,
Bruce AA5B